The Golden Rules of Garage Door Cleaning02/08/2014 Back To Blog
When we are considering garage door maintenance, we usually have technical matters in mind, but that doesn't mean we must underestimate the great importance of cleaning the garage door parts since it can ensure their good functioning, the prevention of accidents and the good quality of air indoors. When you are cleaning the surface of the door regularly, you are protecting its color and material from erosion.
Start cleaning the garage moving your way out
- Is your garage filthy? Do you know that dirty and wet walls will not only affect your own health, but also the condition of the garage door material?
- Pay attention to the floor because it is usually very dirty and full of car oils and lubricants from the garage door. You should clean them well because they can affect the good appearance of the place and the atmosphere.
- Some parts, like the openers, can be cleaned easily; though, the electric ones must be unplugged first. Other parts, like the garage door tracks, need special attention and patience because they must be perfectly clean to allow the good movement of the rollers.
- You should dust the springs, but you must be very careful and also check whether they need lubrication.
- When you are cleaning the surface of the door, you should not forget to wash well the windows and also check that they are not broken or damaged.
- You can pour plenty of water on aluminum overhead doors using soaps and a soft sponge to remove the dirt, but you must be very careful with the wood surface because it is very sensitive to water. Wood needs special detergents and must be perfectly dry before you close it.
- When you are cleaning the door, you must search for signs of erosion and mildew because when you detect them at an early stage, you can treat them accordingly and prevent them from spreading all over the door that will lead to garage door panel replacement.
- You must never forget to clean the sensors well because dust can affect their effectiveness. In fact, garage door opener sensors maintenance is very significant.